Sunday 29 April 2012

Harry Potter, Pain Relief & Pedestrian Attacks

Diagram of a painful shoulder injury
Ouch!


This is just a very quick post to, keep my hand in so to speak, cos my current exercise is to work on tone of voice. I think I'd have to describe my success so far as moderate at best. I don't really have much volume to compare at the moment, so I guess we'll see.

Well the period since my last post here has been interesting to say the least. I've been pretty busy and I'm quietly pleased with some of the progress I've made. I'm still looking for some graft and a lot of my efforts have centered around that, which is no bad thing, believe me.

My days are quite regimented to be honest, between brushing up on my Excel and HTML skills on a morning and trying to stay focused on the things I need to stay capable at for work. I'm trying to use different blogs for different stuff so I'm not going too deep here at all, at least I hope not anyway!

I'm in a lot of pain and subsequently Pain Relief has been necessary so I hope I'm not rambling too much. I suffered a Pedestrian Attack the other day whilst on the bike and when the guy stepped in my path I chose a dismount rather than hitting him. I was kinda trying to protect the bike as much as the guy or myself cos I was going at quite a lick, so I suppose mission accomplished on that metric as the bike and the guy are just fine. My shoulder on the other hand is Foxtrot Uniform in a serious way. The rotator cuff I injured ages ago and I've been slacking on my rehab so now I have an injury which my eldest daughter Gen, (an avid Harry Potter fan), agrees sounds like something the young wizard himself might utter to dispel some particularly vile adversary.

I'll live anyway and will definitely be hitting the physio hard when the time comes. At the moment I'm in a sling and despite looking decidedly Not On Branch, I'm persevering with it cos I know rest is important and I didn't really do that previously with the other injury.

So that's my excuse for not sticking around longer since I'm actually in a very bad and uncomfortable position in order to write this. There's not much to tell anyway. The weather is miserable, wettest drought in history and all, I can't really use the gym and I've not got either of the kids so am feeling thoroughly sorry for myself. Trust me, my whingeing you do not want to hear so count yourselves lucky I'm getting myself off.

If you've recently found this blog of mine well here's another great blog. It's called My Do's & Doings and is penned by a mate. It's not just cos he's a mate I say it's very good, it genuinely is and you should check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment